Food and Drink
we're still working under covid-19 restrictions - please read the information below so you know what to expect when visiting us
- The bar and kitchen at The Royal are now back open for indoor and outdoor drinking and dining.
- Booths inside the bar and tables under our heated shelter outside are bookable online. All other areas of the venue, including the uncovered beer garden, are walk in only. We will assume your booking is for food unless you state otherwise in the comments.
- The maximum group size permitted inside the bar is 6 people – however, due to social distancing restrictions and the size of our venue, most of our tables have a maximum capacity of 4 people. We recommend keeping your group size small when planning to book with us to avoid disappointment.
- Our maximum group size for eating outside under the beer garden shelter is 8 people.
- Please do not book for groups bigger than 6 people inside the venue spread across multiple tables. This is not permitted and requests to sit close to other bookings will not be honoured.
- All bookings are for 2 hours from your original booking time. If you wish to stay for longer, please call us on 01524 65007 to discuss.
- We will hold your booking for 15 minutes after your original booking time, after which point your table will be given away if no one from your group has arrived. If you’re running late or no longer require your booking, please just give us a call on 01524 65007 and let us know.
- All customers are required to either check-in on the NHS Test & Trace app or leave contact details on arrival. Customers are expected to wear a face covering when not seated at their table unless exempt for medical reasons.
kitchen opening times
MONDAY – CLOSED
TUESDAY – CLOSED
WEDNESDAY – 5 – 9PM
THURSDAY – 5 – 9PM
FRIDAY – 12 – 9PM
SATURDAY – 12 – 9PM
SUNDAY – 12 – 6PM [ROASTS ONLY]
bar opening times
MONDAY 5 – 9PM
TUESDAY 5 – 10PM
WEDNESDAY 3 – 10PM
THURSDAYS – 5- 10PM
FRIDAYS – 12 – 11PM
SATURDAYS – 12 – 11PM
SUNDAYS – 12 – 9PM